Sunday, August 27, 2017

Medical Plans

In between the plans and funeral for Ken I had a few doctor's appointments. On Wednesday, I met with my ophthalmologist and had another injection in my eye to try and clear the blood from it. I am scheduled to return to her in September to see if the hemorrhage can be seen well enough to be lasered closed. In the meantime, I wear the eye patch to help balance out the light and relieve the stress on my other eye.

I met with my surgeon who did the TACE procedure in July. Due to the harsh recovery I had with it, he wants to hold off on attempting to do the procedure on my right liver lobe and the two tumors there. I have another set of blood work ups this coming week and a CT scan set for Thursday. If they look good then I will restart the immunotherapy on Wednesday, September 6th. Once the surgeon reviews the CT scan results, he will decide on when to do the second TACE procedure.

I continue to struggle with balancing blood sugars primarily with being on the steroids. Hopefully as I can taper completely off them then the blood sugar controls will be able to be more helpful. I had to go to Urgent Care last week in Las Vegas because of abdominal and back pains. The doctor did not find any indication of infection. However, he did find extremely high levels of sugar in my urine,. He said it looked like I was urinating maple syrup. He said patients with these high levels in their urine often have abdominal and back pain. Drink plenty of fluids and get lots of rest. He said he suspected it would clear up once I got off the steroids. Lets hope so......


No comments:

Post a Comment